CLICK THE PIC

CLICK THE PIC
AND VISIT MY NEW BLOG!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

iReporter Survivor: Obamaisle


This post was intended for iReports, but it was yanked. (My very first yanking!)


iReporter Survivor: Obamaisle


Coming to this website for the first time, one would most likely expect to see news stories, but little do they know they will receive far more than news. This is not merely CNN connecting with citizen journalists; this is CNN gone “Survivor” with a political twist.


Which iReporter will survive the longest on Obamaisle? Who plays by the rules of the game garnering the closest friendships, and which reporters spin a web of hate and betrayal? Whose reports are most unbiased, and whose reports are merely pushing personal agendas? Who trolls in the forests searching blogs for their next prey? News, politics, adventure, intrigue ~ it’s all to be found here on this website, iReporter Survivor: Obamaisle

.

Stay tuned for the next episode to find out which reporters remain on the island and who gets to swim back to reality.

9 comments:

Middle Aged Dude said...

Very cute and astute, YnB. If you had mentioned any particular iReporters by name, I could see it getting yanked. This baffles me. I had an innocent post yanked a couple of weeks ago, emailed David about it and he reinstalled it. You could try that (if you want), as I see nothing remotely controversial in this, just clever commentary

Anonymous said...

York, it sounds like the same old stuff that caused me to ditch ireport. Who needs the negativity in their lives, when life can be challenging enough without it. I personally want positive things in my life. I like wordpress better, even if the traffic is a lot lower.

yorksnbeans said...

I think the yanking (along with the drama!) just reinstated my original reason for deactivating my YnB account. I don't think I'll push it. It's not important. I really enjoy it here in my little "spot" on the blogosphere. If I get the urge to post something else on iReports, I will, but it will probably concern a news topic or something silly, but not a post that would add to the drama.

Anonymous said...

yeah, free blogs are really cool b/c you don't have someone commenting with a vendetta towards you regarding other things you believe.

If you add your blog to a handle or signature across other forums, I bet you can rope in more readers who curiously click on it!

yorksnbeans said...

M2 - Tell me more about that! I'm clueless!

Anonymous said...

Well see if you go to any other message boards.. and you have an ID there, you can usually put in your website on your profile (so put in your blog site), or you can sometimes create a "signature" which runs below any comment you make with your ID, and you can put a link in there. There are all kinds of forums and message boards, 2 that I am involved in are YouTube and imdb.com... On IMDB you can put in a 'signature'...

Or you can do a search for other common blogs on blogger and comment and ppl might step over hear to see what you have to say... etc. :)

Anonymous said...

I mean "here"....
whoops.

Geonite said...

I think they are finally on to them. A bunch of profiles that were clearly banned ireporters have been yanked.

I suspect they'll be watching more carefully now.

We can speculate why this was pulled till we're blue (pun intended) and not know for sure. Why don't you ask them?

yorksnbeans said...

Got it, m2...thanks!

Geo...David Williams wrote me yesterday when he saw I shut down the YnB account. I did ask him about the yanking when I wrote him back. Haven't heard anything yet.